Tonight was family night, and the kids wanted to do a little 4-wheel'n. So I ran off to dig up some fried chicken and potato salad and off to the airport we went.
Once we got to the airport, it was a bit too hot for the baby (really we are wimps) so we ate in the air conditioned motor home. While we were eating, Ashlee made the comment..."Trevor and Kathryn must eat a lot of chicken, since they live in Kentucky." Natalie and I thought that was pretty funny!
The kids had a great time tonight. They are getting a bit too adventurous though. Just as we were about to call it quits, Ashlee rolled over one of the 4 wheelers. She is okay, but it was a reminder that helmets are a must, and maybe I should turn the throttle limiter in just a wee bit more.
I sent Natalie out with Dallin for a while, and when they came back, he was quick to tell me that "mom went WAY faster than you dad"...maybe that explains Ashlee's final adventure. Natalie did mention that he was giggling the whole time. All in all it was a fun night.
3 comments:
Todd, I appreciate you taking the time to let us share your family home evening. The pictures are great. The kids grow up fast so enjoy them. I speak from experience. Question: Is there a way to allert the family by e-mail when a blog has been updated with new pictures or commentary?
I was just sitting here eating some fried chicken and I thought I'd check your blog:) Looks like fun! I'm so glad you guys are blogging!!! We don't feel so far away. I'd love to see a pic of Conner, I'm sure he is growing so fast!
Vroom Vroom! There is nothing quite like a Grubbs family outing in the dirt with nothing but 85 octane, concrete, rocks and mud. Have you made any new trails with the bobcat? Even though that motorhome doesn't have good tires anymore, it sure comes in handy. We miss you guys and wish we could go 4-wheeling with you. Melissa is visiting us till tomorrow. We took her to a flea market to see some "real" Kentucky people. It was fun. They had some little 4-wheelers like yours but not as cool.
Post a Comment